To describe Technology is a really difficult task; however one can say that use of scientific understanding for concrete purposes might be one way to define it. It is impossible to think about the world without technology. It has many benefits if used with moderation and it will keep on progressing to make our life more opportune.
Imagine a day without television, phone, coffee machine or anything which involves digital footprints. It is really nearly impossible to stay away from technology because it is far and wide. We are in dire need of gadget detox and sooner the better.
There are pretty prominent sign that you need a digital detox. First thing in the morning is that you look for your phone, stay glued to your television, laptop, tablet etc. for the most part of your day. There are few things which will help you to successfully complete your day worthwhile without technology:
- A companion: It might not look important but once you have someone to give you that push, it really becomes a tad bit easy. Find a person to go for a detox with you, more the merrier. Friend, relatives, colleagues or anyone you feel comfortable with. The more human interaction which should be face to face is what we need to understand each other.
- Entertainment without glowing screen: It is understandable that it’s not easy to curb the need to look at your phone almost every two seconds for some reason or the other but it is very much possible. Plan for a day with family and keep your phones aside, indulge into human interaction more and more.
- Read a book: Not on your kindle or tablet but a real one made with paper. It is said that smell of a new book is very appealing and books take you to a different world.
- Get a watch: Yes it is an effective way to reduce your phone time. You need not look at your phone every time you want to know the time. Phones have replaced our watch, calculator, calendar and many more things.
- One step at a time: We are so consumed by electronic gadget usage that removing it completely is impossible. Let us take one step at a time and start with a short period of time one item at a time. Start with fifteen minutes or half an hour and do not use any electronic gadget for that time.
- Explore Nature’s Pandora box: It is easier said than done. In today’s lifestyle taking time out and relaxing in nature’s lap seems a distant dream. With commercialization happening everywhere it is really difficult to find a place with less or no electronic items. Well, there is will there is the way is a mantra we need to follow. If you do not remember when was the last time you visited a beautiful bird sanctuary or went out for a picnic without your phone then it is time to schedule something like this soon in the calendar.
It’s time to meet with people and have a proper face to face interaction, see the beautiful colors of a rainbow, birds, and flowers. Children should enjoy and learn to play cricket, basketball or sports on the ground, not on the computer or phone screens.